Thursday, March 14, 2013

Transit

We would like your feedback on existing transit options (bus routes, etc.) as well as your thoughts on the future light rail.  We welcome any comments, and some suggested topics are below. Add a comment with your response.

  1. Would you be willing to take a free shuttle to campus if there was an off-site parking lot with reduced  parking rates?
  2. How do you think the light rail will change our campus?
  3. Will you take the light rail to campus when it opens in 2016?
  4. What would you think of a frequent shuttle along 17th Avenue that connected clinical, research and academic uses (both hospitals with CU Anschutz)?

2 comments:

  1. 1) Good idea. Reduces traffic to campus. Can potentially be superior(more convenient) to parking on campus if drop offs are close to buildings.
    2) I don't expect the light rail to be very convenient. This is because light rail and RTD have there own issues with providing enough parking for commuters. They need to start enforcing light rail fares so that they can use the funds to build some parking lots well in advance of the 2016 opening.
    3) No, because I drive a sports car and love to drive.
    4) I can't comment on this because I don't utilize on campus shuttles. I'm sure that people with special needs would appreciate any extra accommodations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. This option would not work for me because I have to drop off my baby at day care (on campus). If I didn't have a child, the rate would have to be heavily discounted to make the inconvenience worth it.
    2. I'm afraid light rail would bring more traffic and congestion. But it may also make it more convenient to get to/from campus, and to the airport.
    3. The light rail does not go near my house, and it is not as convenient for traveling with my baby and all his belongings. So I will not utilize it when it opens.

    ReplyDelete